This article is your guide to the best breakfast in Universal Orlando! When planning any vacation, one of the biggest elements of planning is the food! A Universal Orlando vacation means long hours in theme parks, plenty of thrills and walking … lots of walking. With all of that adventuring, anyone is bound to work up an appetite.
Certainly, a delicious breakfast will give you that boost to make it through your entire day. That’s why we’ve compiled the best places in Universal Orlando to have breakfast. So, whether you’re looking for a fancy breakfast at CityWalk or even a character breakfast with the Grinch, we’ve got you covered!
Best Breakfast in Universal Studios 2023
As Universal Orlando Passholders, we’ve actually found that breakfast at Universal tends to be the most solid choice with the best food options. Especially with there being so many new and exciting restaurants in the connected shopping center CityWalk, too. So whether you’re staying at a Universal Resort, have a big family or are just looking for a tasty bite, we’ve got all the best breakfast at Universal Studios for 2023.
Where is the best breakfast at Universal Orlando 2023?
- Today Cafe
- The Leaky Caldron
- Green Eggs and Ham
- The Three Broomsticks
- Islands Dining Room
- The Kitchen
- Beach Break Cafe
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
- Voodoo Doughnuts
- Grinch Character Breakfast
Related post: Is the Universal Park-to-Park Ticket Worth It?
Where is the Best Breakfast in Universal Studios Florida 2023?
#2 – TODAY Cafe – Best Breakfast Universal Studios 2023
Location: Production Central – Universal Studios Florida
Overview: If you’re looking for a quick, delicious breakfast bite to eat while inside of Universal Studios Florida, we would recommend the TODAY Cafe. Centrally located right upon entrance of the park, near the Hollywood section, TODAY cafe is brightly themed, just as if you’re right on the set in NYC. Just like the star of the show, you have a variety of items on set like, sandwiches, pastries, coffee, beer and more!
With affordable and delicious options and all day breakfast options, TODAY cafe continues to be one of the best places to eat breakfast in Universal Orlando.
Our Favorite Items:
- Al’s Smoked Salmon Lox Bagel – $13.99
- Smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, and red onions on a toasted everything bagel served with fresh fruit
- Park Avenue Avocado Toast – $11.99
- Smashed avocados, toasted cashews, shaved fennel, roasted tomato puree, lemon vinaigrette, arugula, radicchio, toasted artisan french bread with fresh fruit
- Overnight Oats – $6.99 Old fashioned oats, almond milk, agave, chia seeds with seasonal berries, toasted coconut, and toasted almonds
Related post: Is Star Wars Land at Universal?
#1 – The Leaky Cauldron – Best Breakfast Universal Studios Orlando 2023
Location: Diagon Alley – Universal Studios Florida
Overview: If you are a Harry Potter fan and want to truly elevate your experience in the Wizarding World, try out The Leaky Cauldron. The Leaky Cauldron offers traditional English fare, like a traditional English breakfast or a Mushroom, Egg, and leak pastry. With all of these amazing choices, its no wonder that The Leaky Cauldron is one of the best places to eat in Universal Studios.
We love the ambiance of this restaurant, where it is super immersive and you feel like you’re in London. This is a great Universal breakfast spot to bring families or those with kids!
Our favorite items:
- Traditional Breakfast – $17.99 – Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links, black pudding, English bacon, baked beans, grilled tomato, sautéed mushrooms and breakfast potatoes.
- American Breakfast – $17.99 – Fresh scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, crisp bacon, and link sausage with butter croissant
- Egg, Leek, & Mushroom Pasty – $17.99 – Pastry wrapped scrambled eggs, mushrooms and leeks served with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruitKid’s Breakfast – $12.99
Related Article: Complete Guide to Dining in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Where is the Best Breakfast at Islands of Adventure 2023?
#2 – Green Eggs and Ham Cafe – Best Quick Service Breakfast in Islands of Adventure
Location: Seuss Landing – Islands of Adventure
Overview: The most unique quick service breakfast restaurant in Island of Adventure is the Green Eggs and Ham Cafe. Join Sam-I-am at the big, green, ham-shaped building to try out Seusstastic untraditional breakfast foods like the signature Green Eggs and Ham! There is plenty to choose from with this all day breakfast menu at Universal Orlando.
We even love that the Green Eggs and Ham Cafe has started offering more vegan options for our Plant-Based friends too!
Our favorite items:
- Pizza Tots – $10.49 – Pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce over tater tots
- Green Eggs & Ham Tots – $9.99 – Green eggs, diced ham, white cheese sauce over tater tots
- Vegan Pizza Tots – $10.49 – Plant based pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella and parmesan
Related post: What are the Best Universal Orlando CityWalk Restaurants?
#1 – The Three Broomsticks – Best Breakfast Universal Orlando 2023
Location: Hogsmeade Village – Islands of Adventure
Overview: The Three Broomsticks is a Harry Potter fan favorite and one of the best places for Universal Orlando Breakfast 2023. The Three Broomsticks has a cozy, sit-down restaurant feel, but is actually quick service, which we love! This rustic tavern is home to traditional British fare and theming to transport you right into the Harry Potter Universe.
Hog’s Head Bar is also located on the back end of this restaurant, which offers some of the best Wizarding Drinks the park offers!
Our favorite items:
- Traditional English Breakfast – Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links, black pudding, English bacon, baked beans, grilled tomato, sautéed mushrooms and breakfast potatoes – Adult 17.99 Children 12.99
- Continental Breakfast – A colorful array of fresh fruit served with croissants accompanied with assorted jams – Adult 17.99 Children 12.99
Where is the Best Universal Orlando Resort Breakfast 2023?
If you are wanting to enjoy every aspect of your Universal Orlando Resort stay, certainly there are plenty of breakfast options to choose from. For instance, there are over 15 breakfast restaurants to choose from at Universal Orlando Resort. So, let’s talk about the best breakfast places in Universal Orlando Resorts.
Islands Dining Room – Best Breakfast at Universal Studios Orlando 2023
Location: Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
Overview: Located in the Loews Sapphire Resort, the Islands Dining room has made the best Universal Orlando breakfast list easily. You will feel like an islander dining upon exotic South Sea specialties, although, traditional American fare is available, as well. Order a la carte Eggs Benedict and signature Hawaiian pancakes to start your morning off with breezy ease.
Since the Islands Dining Room breakfast is sit-down, the menu is large with many choices. We recommend that you peruse the Islands Dining Room Breakfast Menu here.
Our Favorite Menu Items:
- TWO EGGS ANY STYLE $14 – Served with choice of bacon, pork sausage or grilled ham.
- CUSTOM OMELET $15 – Choice of up to three of the following: tomato, spinach, onions, bacon, pork sausage, ham, chorizo, American cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, peppers.
- AVOCADO TOAST $14 – Multigrain toast, mashed avocado, buttermilk blue cheese and two poached eggs.
Related post: The Top 10 Restaurants at Universal Studios Hollywood
The Kitchen – Best Breakfast Universal Orlando 2023
Location: Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
Overview: Located at the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando, The Kitchen is known for its incredible Sunday brunch option and their mouth watering Elvis themed french toast. The Kitchen offers the best breakfast buffet in all of Universal Orlando, with AYCE waffles, omelets and more. There is even a live acoustic performance while you’re eating all of the best breakfast buffet Universal Orlando offers!
There is no doubt you will feel like a rockstar after eating at The Kitchen, and if not make sure to check out all of the memorabilia around the hotel. Since the The Kitchen breakfast is sit-down, the menu is large with many choices. We recommend that you peruse the The Kitchen breakfast menu here.
Our favorite items:
- TWO EGGS $15 – Any style with Applewood smoked bacon, smoked ham or country sausage.
- CUSTOM OMELET $16 – Choose up to three: tomatoes, spinach, onions, bacon, sausage, ham, cheddar cheese, American cheese, Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers.
- THE SPA FRITTATA & CHICKEN SAUSAGE $16 – Egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheddar cheese.
- THE REMEDY $14 – Butter toasted Kaiser roll, two eggs over hard, Applewood smoked bacon and American cheese.
Beach Break Cafe – Best Breakfast Universal 2023
Location: Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn
Overview: This laid back Universal breakfast option has interesting SoCal fare with a vast variety. There are plenty of hearty breakfast options for the whole family at Beach Break Cafe, setting you up for a sunny success. This is a food court style of breakfast Universal Orlando, so it’s quick, simple and perfect for the family on the go.
There is plenty of seating to set up, if you need the space. You can also pack up your items and bring them back up to your hotel room if you’re staying at an Endless Summer Resort!
Our favorite items:
- CRISPY CHICKEN & WAFFLE SANDWICH $9
- SURF-WICH $8 – Croissant, Egg, Canadian Bacon, Cheddar
- CHALLAH BREAD FRENCH TOAST $9 – Powdered Sugar, Bacon
- BELGIAN WAFFLE $9 – Maple Syrup, Strawberry Sauce
Where is the Best Breakfast at City Walk 2023?
CityWalk is the hot, bustling mega complex comprised of various shops, restaurants and more. Grabbing breakfast in CityWalk before entering the theme parks can beat the crowds, which makes it that much better! Lets talk about the best breakfast in Universal CityWalk Orlando.
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium – Best CityWalk Orlando Breakfast 2023
Location: CityWalk near Islands of Adventure
Overview: This restaurant in CityWalk is full-service and has an incredible backstory, which makes it always an adventure. We love eating breakfast, lunch and dinner here, as it is one of our favorite Universal restaurants of all time! Technically, the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium offers the best brunch in CityWalk Universal with tasty crepes, waffles and quiches. The brunch menu is huge and is one of the few that offers breakfast all day at CityWalk Universal.
Our favorite items:
- Berries and Creme – $10.95 – Topped with fresh seasonal berries, whipped topping, powdered sugar, lemon curd, fresh micro mint
- Country Fresh – $12.95 – Challah brioche stuffed with Gruyère cheese and smoky ham, sunny-side up egg, béarnaise sauce, Lyonnaise potatoes
- Quiche Lorraine – $12.95 – Applewood bacon, Gruyère cheese, fresh fruit and choice of side salad or soup
Related post: How to Get Cheap Universal Tickets 2023
VooDoo Doughnuts – Best Universal CityWalk Breakfast & Universal Doughnuts 2023
Location: CityWalk near NBC Sports Grill
Overview: This incredible wacky all day breakfast spot, Voodoo Doughnut, serves over 50 different variety of donuts, therefore, making it THE BEST quick service breakfast option. It now even offers mobile order, with a special pickup spot, making it super simple using the Universal app. We suggest everyone tries having breakfast at Universal CityWalk once at Voodoo, because you’ll never have donuts light it again!
Our favorite items:
This is a one of a kind opportunity with rotating specialty doughnuts and cult classics like:
- Dirt – $2.95 – Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Oreo cookies
- Oh Captain, My Captain – $2.75 Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch
- ODB – $3.00 – Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter
- Grape Ape – $2.20 – Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting, grape dust, and lavender sprinkles
- Chuckles – $3.50 – Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting dipped in mocha powder and topped with peanuts, caramel and chocolate drizzle
You can see the entire Voodoo Doughnuts menu here.
Related items: Is Citywalk Free?
Where is the Best Character Breakfast Universal Orlando?
On select dates during the Grinchmas holiday season, you can dine at the most mischievous breakfast buffet at Universal Orlando Resort. Located in Islands of Adventure park, this Grinch breakfast Universal Orlando offers plenty of zany options like green eggs and ham and GIANT delicious pancakes. You will be able to meet the Grinch, Cat in the Hat and plenty of Whoville residents right inside of the Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous.
The Grinch breakfast is perfect for families that are looking for potentially a rowdy time with our favorite mean guy. You never really know what’s going to happen!
What is the cost of the Universal Orlando Grinch Breakfast 2023?
- $41.99 for adults
- $26.99 for kids
View the Grinch character breakfast menu here.
Honorable Mention Universal Orlando Breakfast 2023
While all of the above breakfast options are wonderful, there are a few chain restaurant options that serve just as well as the rest. Universal Orlando Resort is packed with quick, affordable international chain restaurants. Therefore, if you’re on the go, these will be perfect for you.
Starbucks is the perfect place to grab a quick bite to eat and your favorite caffeinated drink. Most importantly, it is affordable and most Universal guests have been there before. Choose from pastries, sandwiches, wraps and so much more with a Starbucks located in each park and almost every Universal Resort Hotel.
Who doesn’t want the most enormous, warm and gooey cinnamon buns that Cinnabon has to offer? You can stop by Cinnabon in Universal CityWalk for a sweet breakfast. Straight out of the ovens and under $10, the Cinnabon cinnamon roll can be perfectly paired with a simple latte.
Universal Studios Breakfast 2023 FAQ
Q: Does Universal Studios have breakfast?
A: Yes, Universal Studios Orlando does have breakfast, all of which are a quick service style for those on the go. If you are looking for sit-down places, you can find Universal CityWalk breakfast restaurants for something more formal. There are also places like Starbucks and Cinnabon to grab coffee and pastries before you hit the parks.
How late does the Leaky Cauldron serve breakfast?
A: The Leaky Cauldron serves breakfast until 10:30 am every single day. After that, guests are welcome to dine from the lunch or dinner menu in the Harry Potter restaurant.
Q: Does Harry Potter World have breakfast?
A: Yes, Harry Potter world does serve breakfast in both Universal theme parks. The Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade village serve breakfast until 10:30 am which is perfect for early risers.
Q: Do Universal resorts have free breakfast?
A: No, Universal resorts do not serve free breakfast, but each resort has at least one dining option for guests to purchase their meals. Universal resorts also have Starbucks available in the lobby, as well, which is great for Universal breakfast options.
Are You Ready to Plan Your Next Universal Orlando Trip?
If you’re ready to plan your trip to Universal Studios, be sure to check out our partners over at The Park Prodigy for your Universal Orlando Tickets! All Park Prodigy Universal Orlando tickets will get you into the park one hour before regular park guests with Universal Early Park Admission!