This article is your complete guide to Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando 2023. Waiting in lines and theme parks go hand and hand, and any theme park enthusiast knows that most of the time, you simply can’t avoid lines. Universal Orlando Resort has come up with certain paid options to skip the line, but did you know that you could potentially do so for free? The Universal Single Rider 2023 lines are separate queues that any guest can use for free, as long as they don’t mind riding alone.
If you want to read more about Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando, keep reading!
What are Universal Orlando Single Rider Lines 2023?
So, what is the Single Rider at Universal Studios? Many popular rides at Universal Orlando Resort have record stand-by wait times, especially during peak season when it is crowded. To combat waiting in lines, many guests have considered purchasing the Universal Express Pass, which is an extra service to skip the queues. Luckily, there is one free option you can try before shelling out for an Express Pass Ticket and that is the Universal Studios Single Rider Lines.
The Universal Studios Orlando Single Rider Lines are a separate queue from stand-by or Express Pass and is for those who are okay with being split up from their party or visiting Universal alone. Universal Orlando wants to operate their attractions at 100% capacity, or as close to 100% as possible, every single time. Therefore, Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando solves that problem by allowing “single” guests to fill holes in train cars not riding at capacity.
Using Single Rider at Universal 2023 typically cuts wait times down by at least half, but cannot always be guaranteed for every ride. We are typically big fans of using the Single Rider Lines, so we are going to share everything you would need to know about using it at Universal Orlando Resort in 2023!
Related post: Complete Guide to the Best Universal Thrill Rides
How Does Universal Single Rider Lines Work?
So, while using the Single Rider at Universal Orlando is rather simple, it is important to know exactly how it works. Any ride that offers Single Riders will have a clearly labeled queue sign to signal to guests looking to enter. Make sure you enter the right queue and make your way through the alternative entrance until you meet the Team Member loading the attraction or the end of the line. From there, you will wait for a train with “holes” or seats without guests to ride the attraction. These empty seats are usually created by guests with odd parties, like 3 or 5 people, when many train cars are set up in rows for 2 or 4 guests.
On busier days, you might have to wait for awhile in the Single Rider Line at Universal, but there is no real way to predict how long you’re going to be waiting.
Tips and Tricks for Universal Orlando Single Rider 2023
There have been guests that get confused or frustrated when entering this line, so we suggest you brush up on the rules before your next trip!
- First and most important – You will be split up. When using the Universal Single Riders Line, it is better to assume you’re going to be split up, even if you are lucky one or two times and get to ride with a friend. It is called Single Riders for a reason, which means they only need one person at a time to fill holes. If you ask, you will be told no, but if you’re lucky, you might get the same train car as your friend!
- You cannot request rows. Unfortunately, you have to go where there is an empty seat, which usually means no front row and it’s all up to chance what row you’re going to get.
- You might wait longer! It has happened before, and it is important to scope it out before you commit to any Universal Single Rider lines.
- The Single Rider Line might not always be open! Even if a ride has Single Riders, that does not mean that it will be open. If it is a slower day, or the Single Rider Line is at capacity, Team Members will close it and open it as needed.
As long as you remember those simple rules, you should have no issue using the Single Rider Line at Universal Orlando at all!
What Rides have the Universal Single Rider Lines 2023?
Not every ride at Universal Orlando Resort has a Single Rider Line, which should be taken into consideration if you’re looking to use it. Typically, the most popular attractions with higher waits will be Universal Studios Single Rider Rides. Especially for the Universal Studios Florida Single Riders Lines, which are reserved for the most popular attractions at the theme park.
Most of Islands of Adventure’s attractions have Single Rider Lines, which is a huge perk when visiting that park during peak times. A lot of guests end up walking right past them, so make sure if you cannot find the Universal Single Rider lines to ask a Team Member before entering.
In this section we are going to list all Universal Orlando Single Rider Lines for 2023.
What is the Universal Studios Florida Single Rider Rides List?
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Transformers: The Ride – 3D
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Men in Black Alien Attack
- Revenge of the Mummy
What are the Single Rider Lines at Universal Islands of Adventure?
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
When Should I Use the 2023 Universal Studios Orlando Single Rider Line?
Believe it or not, there are right and wrong times to use the Single Rider rides at Universal Studios Orlando, and we’re here to help you figure that out. So here are our best tips for the right times to use Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando.
- If you’ve been to the parks before. If you’ve traveled to Universal Orlando Resort a bunch of times, you probably know all of the special details in the queues, so skip the stand-by and save time!
- During peak season – You are definitely going to be waiting longer when kids are out of school and during the holidays, so we definitely suggest using Single Rider Lines if wait times are over an hour.
- If you’re traveling with older children or teens – older kids most likely just want to get on the rides and won’t mind riding with a stranger or two to lower wait times.
- If it is your second or third time riding the attraction for the day! The thrill of waiting in line is over, we highly recommend using the Single Rider Line for another ride!
When should you not use Single Rider at Universal?
There are also many different times that you should not use Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando 2023.
- If you have young children you’re traveling with. Not only will ride operators not let you ride with your kids, you might even have to exit the Universal Single Rider line and go back and wait in the stand-by queue. It also might not be safe to let your young child ride alone without you or someone else you trust supervising them.
- If it is your first time riding an attraction. To get the whole experience of a Universal Orlando attraction, that usually includes the storytelling, preshows or entertainment in the regular queue. So make sure you wait in the stand-by at least once before you hop into Single Riders.
- If wait times are low! Typically Team Members will close the Single Riders Line at Universal if wait times are low. Just in case they don’t, we wouldn’t waste time in a Single Riders line for a wait under 30 minutes.
- You want to ride with friends or family! If you like the experience of enjoying Universal attractions with loved ones, then Single Rider isn’t for you. You will have to ride with a stranger or on a different train car than your friends and family.
Related post: How to get Cheap Universal Tickets
Is there Single Rider Lines at Universal Hollywood?
Yes! We love to tell you that even though there are a lot of differences between Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, there is Single Rider Universal Hollywood. The process is exactly the same at Universal Studios Hollywood as it is at Orlando, you just have to check and make sure that the line is open and operating before hopping into it. Although right now, it might not be as worth it to use Single Rider Lines at Universal Hollywood because there are only two attractions that offer it.
What are the Single Rider Lines at Universal Hollywood?
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Flight of the Hippogriff
Universal Express Pass vs Single Rider Universal Orlando- Which Should I Use?
So, Express Pass or Single Rider at Universal Studios Orlando? That really is up to you and your family needs when visiting Universal Orlando Resort. One of the biggest downfalls of the Universal Studios Orlando Single Rider Lines is that, they aren’t always reliable and can shut down at any time. We also have also learned that Single Rider Lines at Universal Orlando 2023 are not always faster. For example, we have had really long wait times in the Jurassic World VelociCoaster Single Rider Line and we feel as if that one isn’t always worth it.
As for the Universal Express Pass, while it is expensive, you do get the skip the line on nearly almost every ride in the park. But, of course, there is also a downfall in that there is no Express Pass for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure or VelociCoaster, so it might not be worth it to you at all. Either way, you can get through a lot more attractions using Single Rider Lines at Universal and Universal Express Pass than just regular stand-by. So it is a win-win!
Single Rider Lines Universal Orlando FAQ
Q: Are there Single Rider Lines at Universal Studios Hollywood?
A: Yes, there are a few attractions at Universal Studios Hollywood that offer the Single Rider Line.
Q: Are Single Rider Lines open at Universal Studios?
A: Single Rider Lines open and close periodically throughout the day and do not have set times to be open or closed. On the day of your visit, make sure to check the attraction you’d like to ride with the Single Rider Line to see if it is open or not.
Q: Does Universal Studios have Single Rider Lines?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood both offer Single Rider Lines, but should be check on the day of your visit to see if they’re operating or not.
For additional vacation planning tips to Universal Orlando Resort be sure to check out our main Universal And for the latest Universal vacation package deals be sure to check out our partners The Park Prodigy!