This article is your complete guide to putting together the perfect Disney packing list 2024. Are you heading to Orlando soon and are wondering what to bring to Disney World? Traveling across the country without the comfort of your own home can be difficult, especially when that place is a theme park in the middle of Florida.
We are experts on traveling to Florida and that’s why we’re going to help you make the perfect Disney packing list 2024. So, if you want to learn more, keep reading!
Tips and Tricks for the Ultimate Disney Packing List 2024
So, you’re about to take the most magical trip on Earth and wondering what to pack for a Disney World vacation? Luckily, we have been taking trips to Florida for over 15 years and are experts when it comes to making Disney packing lists. That’s why we are going to give you our best tips and trips on packing for Disney World in 2024.
Tips and Tricks for Things to Pack for Disney World
- Plan on using a backpack! – Since Florida is so hot and the weather is so unpredictable, you might need a change of clothes or extra space for fans or snacks. If you don’t have that much to pack, a fanny pack will work just fine!
- Start with a checklist – Make sure to write down everything you need so you don’t forget
- Be ready for the Florida weather – The weather can be extreme at Walt Disney World and you should make sure you’re prepared for extreme heat or intense thunderstorms!
- Think about lines – If you don’t like to wait in lines or need something to pass the time, make sure to pack it. A lot of families enjoy playing games on their phones like “Heads Up” but be sure to pack an extra phone charger!
- Bring an extra bag or suitcase for souvenirs
- There is never enough water! If you think you’ve had enough, drink more.
- Don’t forget toiletries – bringing your own essentials like sunblock and lotion is important
Related post: Complete Guide to Eating Cheaply at Disney World
What Can You Bring into Disney World? – What is Allowed and What Isn’t?
One of the things that we love about Walt Disney World, is that you’re actually allowed to bring more than you think! With some theme parks, guests aren’t allowed to bring any kind of food or drink inside the parks, but as you review our list of prohibited Disney World items, you can bring a pretty large cooler inside! So, to make sure your Disney packing list 2024 is up to Disney’s code, here are the prohibited items you cannot bring into the parks:
Walt Disney World Prohibited Items
- Weapons of any kind (including self-defense items)
- Illegal substances
- Toys that look like weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass Containers
- Megaphones or horns
- Recreational devices (Skateboards, drones, skates, etc.)
- Strollers greater than 31″ wide and 52″ in length
- Wagons of any kind
- Bags (Coolers, suitcases, backpacks) larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high
- Folding chairs
- Selfie sticks, tripods or monopods
Special note: There are no balloons or plastic straws allowed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park due to the live animals that are there.
Related post: The Top 15 Best Disney World Restaurants
Packing List for Disney World – The Essentials
So, while we are going to have many different items for your Disney World packing list, there things essential for your trip. If you packed everything on our lists, you would probably run out of room in your suitcase, so we are going to give you our base, must-have items when wondering what to pack for Disney World!
What to pack in a backpack for Disney World?
First, we are going to give you our essential Disney World packing list for your backpack. These items are the things you want with you while inside of the parks.
- Refillable water bottle
- Park Maps
- A rain jacket, poncho or umbrella
- Change of clothes (Especially an extra pair of socks or two)
- Over-the-Counter medications (Pain relievers, anti-histamines, anti-nausea, motion sickness)
- Storage for essential medications
- Phone charger cables
- Ziplock bags to keep electronics dry
- Sunscreen (Preferably waterproof because you will be sweating!)
- Chapstick/lip balm
- Hats and sunglasses
- Portable battery/external charger
- Reusable straws – Disney only has paper straws, which some guests don’t like.
- Band-aids (for blisters and small cuts)
- Hand sanitizer
- Grooming tools (hair brush, hair ties, etc.)
- Email confirmations for tickets
Walt Disney World Packing List – Toiletries
When wondering what to pack for Disney World, you definitely can’t forget about the items to bring for your overnight hotel stay. While a number of these items are given to you in sample sizes at the Walt Disney World hotels, it is still smart to pack your own. Disney provides H20+ brand items in the resort hotel rooms such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.
- Aloe lotion or gel
- Chafing Stick -You’re going to be walking a lot!
- Hair care products
- More waterproof sunscreen
- Alcohol wipes
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Towels (Disney provides, but in case you want more)
- Body wash
- Nail clippers
- Cotton swabs
- Hand sanitizer
- Any makeup or tools for makeup
Related post: Our Favorite Secret Things to Do at Disney World
Disney World Packing List – Packing for the Summer
Okay, so what should your Disney World packing list be in the summer? If there is anything you need to know about Florida, it is that it’s hot, and especially hot in the summer. Heat stroke is a serious problem when it comes to vacationing in Florida theme parks, and guests visiting should be aware of it.
This Disney packing list will probably be useful for most of the year, as it tends to start getting hot in March and stays extremely hot until mid-November. It is also important to note that hurricane season starts in June and goes until November, which means many tropical storms and potentially dangerous winds.
What to pack for Disney World in Summer
- Cordless neck fan, misting fan or hand-held fan – a must for high temps
- Frozen plastic water bottles
- Cooling towels to wear or to wipe sweat
- An extra breathable shirt if you sweat through your first
Related post: Complete Guide to Single Rider in Walt Disney World
What Should I Pack for Disney World in the Winter?
If you’re planning on traveling to Florida between the months of November – February, you might need to be more versatile on what to pack for a Disney vacation. Shockingly, nights in Disney World can drop as low as the 20s! Take it from experience, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was extremely cold without a jacket in 29 degree weather!
With that being said, it absolutely can still reach 90 degrees in December and downpour just like the summer months. So, your Disney World packing list might be a bit different than you’re used to but we are here to help!
What to pack for Disney World in December and November?
December and November tend to be a little bit warmer than the later winter months where the temps are pretty consistent falling somewhere between 60-85 degrees throughout the day. So on top of the baseline items we’ve recommended to pack, here are some of our best tips for your Disney packing list in December and November.
- Pack long sleeves or a light jacket – Mornings can be chilly and damp, so make sure you have a warmer clothing item you can remove.
- Don’t ditch your summer gear yet – It can still be rainy, humid and hot, especially in November, so we would still pack your shorts, ponchos, rain jackets and umbrellas
- Bring a blanket or two! – It can be chilly while you wait at night for any of the fireworks shows. You can sit on them or curl up and stay warm while you wait.
What to pack for Disney World in January and February?
So, now what to pack for Disney World in the coldest months? The temperatures during these months usually fall between 55 and 75 degrees, but can drop all the way down into the 30’s and 20’s. So here are some of our tips on what to pack for Disney World in January and February:
- Winter clothing! – It really does get chilly, so you are going to need a warm jacket, socks, scarves and mittens.
- Hand warmers – They’re perfect to slip into your socks or gloves while you’re waiting for the Magic Kingdom fireworks!
- Don’t forget about the heat yet – Just like with November and December, don’t leave all off your summer clothing at home. There could be a randomly hot day where you might need it!
Related post: Guide to the Best Disney Snacks Magic Kingdom
What Should I Bring to Disney World with Kids? Disney Packing List for Toddlers
Walt Disney World is one of the best places to bring your little ones to experience the magic, but can be miserable if you don’t know what to bring to to Disney with kids. If you end up bringing a stroller for your kids, you will have some extra storage space to keep some of these items from our Disney World packing list.
DisneyWorld packing list for kids
- Stroller clips – the perfect thing to hang bags or backpacks on when walking around the parks.
- Stroller fans – Kiddos get really hot, especially in the stroller, so make sure you pack a fan you can clip on to keep yourself and your kids cool!
- Detergent pens or wipes – There will definitely be messes with all of the Disney World snacks, so we always recommend packing something to clean up those spills
- Change of clothing
- Autograph book and pens
- Kid’s backpack
- Kid’s water bottle
- Plenty of snacks
- Diaper bag stocked with wipes, diapers, bottles, baby food, etc.
Related post: Complete Guide to Disney World Fireworks
What to Pack for Walt Disney World Water Parks
Walt Disney World has two different water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, that are packed full of amazing attractions, food and so much more. They are definitely worth the trip if you’re headed to Orlando in the summers to relax in the lazy river or rush down a body slide. Going to water parks means you’ll need a different kind of Disney packing list, so we are going to give you what we recommend to pack!
What should I pack for Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?
- Waterproof phone case
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Swim clothing (suits, shorts, etc.)
- Water shoes
- Large beach bag
- Dry clothing to change into
- Cooler with snacks and drinks
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
For additional vacation planning tips to Walt Disney World be sure to check out our main Disney planning page. And for the latest Walt Disney World Vacation package deals be sure to check out our partners The Park Prodigy!