This article is your complete guide to 2023 character dining at Disneyland! There are so many magical experiences when taking a Disney vacation, but dining with characters at Disneyland may top all of them. What can be better than food, fun and of course … the characters!
With that being said, there can be a lot that goes into having this magical experience. Such as, how to book character meals at Disneyland and what are the best character meals at Disneyland? In this article, we are going to talk about character dining prices, how to make reservations and more.
So if you’re ready to learn all about Disneyland character dining meals read on!
Where is Character Dining at Disneyland?
Let’s start this guide with the most common question we receive on this topic which is, what is character dining at Disneyland? Character dining in Disneyland is a unique meal experience where Disney characters join the guests at their table for meet and greets! Each Disneyland restaurant that participates in the Disneyland character meals has their own set of unique characters and theme that is bound to keep the whole family entertained.
What is the Best Character Dining at Disneyland?
- Storytellers Cafe – Grand Californian Resort Hotel
- Goofy’s Kitchen Dinner – Disneyland Hotel
- Disney Princess Adventure’s Breakfast – Grand Californian Resort Hotel
Where is the Best Character Breakfast at Disneyland?
- Minnie and Friends Breakfast in the Park – Main Street USA
- Goofy’s Kitchen – Disneyland Hotel
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventures – Grand Californian Resort Hotel
- Disney Princess Adventure’s Breakfast – Grand Californian Resort Hotel
We think that Disneyland restaurants with characters truly are the ultimate experience. Most character interactions can be rushed or stressful, where Disneyland character dining offers a more slow paced, relaxing environment to meet all of your favorites. While you’re eating, characters make their way around the dining area and stop for photos, interactions and even autographs.
Related Page: Best Disneyland Restaurants
Disneyland Character Dining Prices 2023
Something important to note about Disneyland dining prices is that the price is going to change significantly depending on when and where you eat. Such as, a Disney character lunch at Disneyland isn’t going to cost as much as a Disney character dinner. Same with breakfast, dinner always tends to be the most expensive. With that being said, Disneyland doesn’t offer many choices of character dining, only 4 options are available at the Disneyland Resort.
2023 Disneyland Breakfast With Characters Pricing
- Storytellers Cafe Breakfast – $49 for adults, $29 for children plus tax
- Goofy’s Kitchen Breakfast – $49 for adults, $29 for children plus tax
- Plaza Inn Breakfast – $41 for adults, $24 for children plus tax
- Princess Breakfast Adventures – $125 per person, children and adults plus tax
2023 Disneyland Lunch and Dinner Character Dining Prices
- Storytellers Cafe – $51 for adults, $29 for children plus tax (Fri-Sun Brunch)
- Goofy’s Kitchen – $55 for adults, $32 for children plus tax (Dinner)
Disneyland Character Dining Options 2023
So, you’re still wondering what is the best character dining at Disneyland? Well, we think that is up to you! Everyone has their favorite characters and food they enjoy, so everyone’s experience is different. That’s why we are going to lay out all of the Disneyland character dining options and let you choose!
List of Disney Character Dining in Anaheim – Disneyland
- Mickey’s Tale of Adventure Breakfast Buffet – Storyteller’s Cafe at the Grand Californian Resort Hotel
- Goofy’s Kitchen – Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel
- Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park – Main Street, U.S.A.
- Princess Breakfast Adventures – Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Resort Hotel
Related Post: Complete Guide to Meeting Princesses at Disneyland
Every Character Meal at Disneyland 2023
#1 – Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park – Plaza Inn – Least Expensive Character Meal at Disneyland
A classic Disneyland character breakfast is the one that is at the Plaza Inn. Located inside of Disneyland, it is perfect those who love nostalgia and are looking for breakfast with Minnie at Disneyland. You can expect a typical American breakfast food buffet, which is expected at Disney character breakfasts. This is also the only location to get the Minnie Mouse version of the famous Mickey waffles! Remember, this is also the lowest character breakfast at Disneyland cost. You can expect to pay $41 for adults, $24 for children for your breakfast experience.
Breakfast with Minnie and Friends Price
- Breakfast here will cost you $41 for adults and $24 for children. This makes it the least expensive character meal at Disneyland.
Disney Breakfast With Minnie Characters
- Minnie Mouse
- Chip and Dale
- Fairy Godmother
- Perla and Suzy
The Plaza Inn rotates many characters for their breakfasts, making it hard to say exactly who you’re going to see. So while we do have a list of seen characters at the Plaza Inn character breakfast, your experience might be different!
#2 – Mickey’s Tale of Adventure Breakfast Buffet – Storytellers Cafe – Best Character Breakfast at Disneyland
Storytellers Cafe has to be one of the most popular breakfasts with Mickey in Disneyland. It also is known for having a more high-end classy feel to character breakfasts in Disneyland, which guests tend to enjoy. Storytellers Cafe is located in Disney’s Grand California Hotel and has the same rustic, upscale vibe. The food is buffet style, with some Mexican-American favorites for guests to choose from. It is also the only character lunch in Disneyland, where it serves brunch Friday – Sunday from 11am – 1pm.
Storytellers Cafe Price
- The cost for Storytellers Cafe is $49 for adults, $29 for children for breakfast or brunch for $51 for adults, $29 for children.
Storytellers Cafe Characters
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
Please note that these characters are always subject to change. The Storytellers Cafe meals have been described as “Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet,” which sounds a lot like breakfast with Mickey and Friend’s at Disneyland. So, if you’re expecting a breakfast with many of the classics, you can’t go wrong with Storytellers Cafe.
Related Post: Guide to the Best Disney Snacks Magic Kingdom
#3 – Goofy’s Kitchen – Disneyland Hotel
Goofy’s Kitchen is a unique Disneyland character dining option located in Disneyland Hotel. This experience is the only one that has dinner and breakfast with Goofy at Disneyland. Goofy’s Kitchen has a bright and fun space to enjoy an American style breakfast or dinner buffet. This is the only option for dinner at Disneyland with characters, so you will see two different sets of prices.
Pricing For Goofy’s Kitchen
- Dinner – Adults cost $61 and $35 for children.
- Goofy’s Kitchen breakfast – Adults cost $56 and children cost $33
Goofy’s Kitchen Characters
- Chip & Dale
Goofy’s Kitchen characters have been rather consistent over the years, focusing on the classic Disney superstars. Our favorite part about all of the characters at Goofy’s kitchen are the adorable unique chef outfits!
#4 – Princess Breakfast Adventures – Napa Rose – Best Character Dining at Disneyland
Disneyland Princess Breakfast Adventures is the only princess character dining at Disneyland. This Disneyland breakfast with Disney characters is located at the Napa Rose in the Grand California Hotel. The delicious Disneyland Disneyland princess character dining experience offers a three course breakfast. While having more upscale food, it is important to note that there is a flat fee for this experience no matter the age.
Princess Breakfast Adventures Pricing
- It will cost each member of your party $125 to dine with the princesses. Included in your meal price are gifts and premium activity experiences with characters, so many say the price is worth it!
Disneyland Princess Breakfast Adventures Characters
Just as with the other experiences, these characters can always change. It is rumored that Raya will be making her debut here very soon! Having this be one of the only spots where you can meet almost every Disney Princess under one roof, in our opinion, this is the best character dining Disneyland.
Related Post: Complete Guide to the DCA Food and Wine Festival
Tips and Tricks for Disneyland Character Dining 2023
Disneyland character dining can be a lot of fun, but it also can be difficult to secure a reservation. That’s why we’ve put together some tips and tricks to make sure your character meals at Disneyland are as magical as they can be!
Disneyland Character Dining Tips & Tricks 2023
- Book in Advance – Disneyland character breakfast reservations go quick! Set an alarm 60 days out bright and early to start making your selections around 7am. The easiest way to do this on through the Disneyland App.
- Plan Enough Time – Most character experiences run for about an hour. With the exception of Princess Breakfast Adventure, which is about a three hour experience. If you have any other plans, just note that seating can take a while. Always leave leeway for Disney Genie + or Lightning Lane reservations.
- Be Aware of Character Rotation – It is never guaranteed how many or what type of characters you will see during your interaction. Characters tend to rotate in and out of certain dining locations.
- Always Be Respectful of the Characters – Be aware of personal space and to always ask a character if pictures, hugging, and autographs are ok.
- Have fun! – Disneyland character dining experiences are meant to be fun and relaxing. These characters will be coming around to you while you’re stuffing your face with delicious food. Create those core memories!
Related Post: Is Genie Plus Worth It in Disney World?
How to Book Character Meals at Disneyland 2023
Character dining can be some of the hardest reservations to come by due to their popularity. That is why we always recommend to reserve character dining at Disneyland prior to your trip. Even if the Disneyland restaurant is inside of the theme parks or inside of one of Disneyland’s hotels, make sure to reserve ahead of time! The most important thing to note is that all reservations can be made 60 days prior to your trip!
We highly recommend booking your dining reservations on that 60 day mark to ensure you get the character dining experiences you want!
How to Reserve Character Dining at Disneyland 2023
- Visit Disneyland online or use the Disneyland app and search for the reservations you want.
- Call (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily (Pacific Time) for a cast member to assist you.
Disneyland Character Meals 2023 FAQ
Q: Can You Get Autographs at Character Dining?
A: Absolutely! Characters happily take pictures, give hugs, and sign autographs during Disneyland character dining meals.
Q: Do you have to stay at Disneyland Hotel to go to Goofy’s Kitchen?
A: Guest’s do not have to be staying at the Disneyland hotel in order to make a character dining reservation at Goofy’s Kitchen. This is also the same for all character dining experiences located in the other Disneyland Resort hotels including Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Q: How Much Does it Cost to Eat With Disney Characters?
A: The prices for Disneyland Character Dining range from $41 for adults and $24 for children, to $125 per person! The location of your character meal determines how much the experience will cost.
Q: Do You Need a Park Ticket to Eat with Characters at Disneyland?
A: This answer depends on where you would like to dine! The only Disneyland character dining location that requires a theme park ticket at Disneyland is Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park. This experience is located at the Plaza Inn on Main Street U.S.A.
Q: How Long is the Disney Princess Breakfast?
A: The Grand Californian’s Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure is a 2-3 hour experience.
Q: What is Character Dining at Disneyland?
A: Character dining in Disneyland is a unique meal experience where Disney characters join the guests at their table for meet and greets!
Q: What is the Best Day to do Character Dining at Disneyland?
A: This depends on the type of meal you want to experience with your favorite characters! Breakfast can be enjoyed every day of the week at Minnie & Friends Breakfast, Storytellers Cafe, and Goofy’s Kitchen. Breakfast can also be enjoyed at Napa Rose for the Disney Princess Adventure on Thursday – Monday. Brunch can be enjoyed Friday – Sundays at Storytellers Cafe. And Dinner can be enjoyed every day of the week at Goofy’s Kitchen.
We hope that this article helped you with the Disneyland character dining and that if you’re heading to Disneyland soon that you have magical trip!
For additional vacation planning tips to Walt Disney World be sure to check out our main Disneyland And for the latest Disneyland Vacation package deals be sure to check out our partners The Park Prodigy!